A fantastic way to learn all things cheer!
COVID-19 Update: We are excited to welcome back our Recreational families!
COVID PROTOCOLS AT THE GYM:
- all classes will be non-contact with social distancing in place for the duration of the class and at all times while within the building
- All classes with the exception of Parent & Tot are drop off and pick up only (parents are not permitted to enter the gym)
- a daily self screening must be completed prior to the start of each class (Click Here)
- all participants and staff will have their temperature checked upon entry using a contactless forehead thermometer
- Children will need to wear masks when entering the building until their class begins and again when exiting the building
HOW WE ARE KEEPING EVERYONE SAFE AT CHEERSTRIKE:
- our staff have been back in the gym since mid June of 2020 and have perfected our ability to run fun, engaging and exciting classes within the current restrictions
- We have heightened cleaning and disinfecting taking place throughout the day and a deep clean at the end of every day
- carefully planned and monitored physical distancing markers
- a carefully planned schedule which eliminates crowding
- our in gym policies and procedures meet & exceed all government & health unit requirements
WHY TAKE RECREATIONAL CLASSES AT CHEERSTRIKE?
- less time and financial commitment than competitive cheer
- a great introduction to the sport of cheer and important tumbling skills
- a family friendly schedule
- CheerStrike classes are not subject to any annual registration fees or other hidden costs.
WHAT HAPPENS IN OUR RECREATIONAL CLASSES?
- Athletes will learn new skills and work together as a team towards an exciting routine to be performed at the last class of the session
- Each week the class will work on their cheer skills; jumps, stunting (no stunting during COVID), tumbling/gymnastics and motions/dance.
- With an emphasis on fun and teamwork, we will ensure your child loves their weekly class, and can’t wait to get back to CheerStrike to be with their new friends each week.
- our Recreational Classes are all coached by experienced instructors who care for the well being of each child, and love to make our classes fun and stimulating
- your Recreational athletes receive the same level of expertise we’re known for in the competitive world
- starting with the fundamentals and ensuring safe progressions, the group will build on their skills each week-all in preparation for their final performance when friends and family are encouraged to come and watch
- students leave each session of classes with a report card, offering feedback on what they’ve achieved and what their next steps in their development should be
WHAT DO RECREATIONAL FAMILIES THINK ABOUT OUR PROGRAM?
"I love the positive attitude and the fit for my daughter's energy and personality. She loves it!"-S. Porter
"I Love the amount of attention and hands on help my daughter receives. She really loves her teachers!"-L. Thompson
Athletes/parents participating in parent & tot classes should wear athletic attire that they can move in. There are no specific dress code requirements for classes other than that bare midriffs and bare feet are not permitted.
What if I want to buy CheerStrike practice clothes?
You are more than welcome to dress for practice in some of our stylish and affordable practice gear! Shop conveniently online through our proshop and pick up in stock items when you arrive at the gym: http://cheerstrikeroyals.
At CheerStrike we value the importance of providing quality instruction to every child who walks through our doors. We are passionate about teaching proper technique and strong basic skills to even our littlest Royals. Our Kinder program has grown exponentially in recent years and we are excited to share our love of cheer with athletes of all ages!
Parent & Tot: Boys and girls ages 18 months-3.5 years old
Parent & Tot classes focus on fun and exploration of movement and gymnastics skills such as balance, jumping & coordination. Parents will actively participate with their children and should wear comfortable clothing that you can move in with sock feet or clean indoor shoes.
Kinder Tumble: Boys and girls ages 4-6 years old
Kinder Tumble class focuses on learn the fundamentals of gymnastics/tumbling skills so they can one day reach all their flipping dreams! This class will build on skills previously learned in the Tumble Tots program. There will be no cheer focus (stunting/cheer routine) in this class.
Kinder Cheer & Tumble: Boys and girls ages 3.5-5 years old
Kinder Cheer is the perfect place for little ones who have big cheer dreams! Each athlete will get lots of personal attention in the development of early cheer skills as well as the listening and focus that it takes to one day be a great cheerleader. The programming is specifically designed for our youngest Royals, keeping it fun and playful, while they develop valuable physical skill.
Recreational Cheer By Age
Our age group specific classes are great for athletes who are new to cheer or who want to make sure they are in a class with other athletes of the same age. These classes cover the basics of cheer (stunting*no stunting during COVID, tumbling, jumping & dance/motions) and the class will work towards a routine to be performed at their last class of each session.
U6 Recreational Cheer: Boys & Girls ages 5-6 years old
U8 Recreational Cheer: Boys & Girls ages 7-8 years old
U12 Recreational Cheer: Boys & girls ages 9-12 years old
Recreational Cheer By Level
Intermediate Recreational Cheer:
This class is intended for children who have successfully completed a previous CheerStrike Recreational Class at U8 or above and have been recommended to move on to the next level. This class will challenge participants with more difficult stunts, tumbling and routine skills. Minimum Skill Set: Bridge Kickover
If you are unsure of which class to register for please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to your child's coach - we are happy to help!
SPRING RECREATIONAL CLASS REGISTRATION
Spring Session Registration opened on Wednesday March 17th. We are currently accepting registrations without payment until the Provincial Stay at Home Order is lifted.
Saturday Classes (7 week session) STARTS May 8th and ENDS June 26th (no classes May 22nd)
Monday Evening Classes (7 week session) STARTS May 10 and ENDS June 28th (no classes on May 24th)
Prior to registering please ensure that you have read the Covid-19 facility details at the top of this page.